Arribaaaa! Tequila time! This perfect balance of sweet, sour and the right amount of spirit is always a crowdpleaser.
- 50ml tequila
- 25ml triple sec
- 25ml lime juice
- When a guests orders a margarita, your immediate response should be: “Would you like a salt rim”? Some people love it, some hate it.
Before making the drink, prep your serving glass with a salt rim (if requested).
Margaritas either come shaken or frozen:
- Shaken: Add all the ingredients in a mixing glass, add ice, shake vigorously and strain into a martini glass.
- Frozen: Add all the ingredients to a blender, add ice until you reach the surface of the liquids added, blend and then pour into a martini glass (without using a strainer).
Note: Margaritas are super-flexible cocktails. You can add and substitute a variety of things. Here are some ideas:
- Spicy Margarita: before adding the ingredients to the mixing glass, muddle half a jalapeño, double-strain if you don’t want any bits in your final drink
- Cadillac Margarita: this one is made with the finer spirits, ie use Patron Reposado and Grand Marnier instead of for example, Patron Silver and Cointreau